Earlier this week, we published a list of actions suggested by CUI Indivisible suggesting what we can do locally on the separation of children from parents at the border. Here are some more suggestions, which we gathered from many sources.
- Call Rodney Davis – From a post on the CUP Facebook page: “I called today to wish Rodney Davis a Happy Fathers’ Day, and ask him to please tell the administration to stop separating fathers from their children at the border, and reunite those that are already separated. I said that he could be a Republican that puts pressure on the White House to stop this.” Rodney Davis’ numbers are: 202-225-2371 (DC) or 217-403-4690 (Champaign)
- Attend the “Chicago Protest Against Family Separations at the Border” event planned for Saturday, June 30, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, at the Federal Center and Plaza 219 S Dearborn St, Chicago. Sponsored by Indivisible Chicago and Chicago Resistance to Family Separations.
- As suggested by CU Indivisible, you can donate to worthy organizations helping families seeking asylum in the U.S. Organization suggested by Chicago Indivisible are Neta, LUPE, Texas Civil Rights Project, RAICES Bond Fund.
- Donate to The Florence Project, a non-profit legal service organization that provides free legal and social services to detained adults and unaccompanied children facing immigration removal proceedings in Arizona. (Suggested by “The Wall of Us.”)
- Here’s another good list outlining possible actions. There’s some repetition with earlier items.