What Are Progressive Drop-Ins?
Progressive Drop-Ins are social events held once or twice a month, where you can visit together with other progressive-minded people in a relaxing, no-obligation setting. The idea is very informal – stop by, come and go as you have time.
When’s the Next Drop-In?
Due to various circumstances, not to mention the upcoming Primary on March 17, we will not have a Progressive Drop-In in February. Check back next month.
How Do Drop-Ins Work?
Progressive Drop-Ins are held once or twice a month, at various restaurants in the Champaign-Urbana area. One is usually scheduled during the lunch hour and the other around 5:00 pm, to accommodate different schedules. The day of the week is varied also.
Why Attend a Progressive Drop-In?
The main point is to have a good time. It’s also an opportunity to chat about what other progressive groups or individuals are doing. Bring a friend or two who are not yet involved in progressive organizations or events but would like to start being included.
Who Sponsors Progressive Drop-Ins?
How Can I Be Notified of Future Drop-Ins?
If you’d like to receive an email once or twice a month on upcoming Drop-Ins, send an email to email@example.com.
Anything Else I Should Know?
You can share the invitation with friends who may not yet be involved in progressive activities in the community. The more the merrier!
If you have an event or candidate to publicize, feel free to bring flyers or brochures to share. Candidates are welcome – it’s a good chance for a private conversation with local progressives.
What’s the History of Drop-Ins?
1 March 27, 2018, Tuesday, Papa Del’s, 12:00. 1201 S Neil Street Champaign, IL. https://www.papadels.com/
2 April 19, 2018, Thursday, 5:00 pm. Esquire Lounge, 106 North Walnut, Champaign Illinois. http://www.esquirelounge.com/
3 May 14, 2018, Monday, 5:00, Jupiters, 2511 Village Green Place, Champaign. http://jupitersatcrossing.com/
4 May 29, 2018, Tuesday, 12:00 – 1:30, Stangos, 300 S Broadway Avenue, Food Court Lincoln Square Mall, Urbana, Illinois http://stangocu.com/
5. June 11, 2018, Monday, 12:00 – 1:30, Fiesta Cafe, 216 S. First St., Champaign. https://www.fiestacafe.com
6. June 27, 2018, Wednesday, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Jupiter’s, 2511 Village Green Place, Champaign. http://jupitersatcrossing.com/
7. July 16, 2018, Monday, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm, Esquire Lounge, 106 North Walnut, Champaign Illinois. http://www.esquirelounge.com/.
8. August 23, 2018, Thursday, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Fiesta Cafe, 216 S. First St., Champaign https://www.fiestacafe.com.
9. September 25, 2018, Tuesday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, Monicals, 205 N. Mattis, Champaign https://www.monicals.com/locations/monicals-pizza-of-champaign-n-mattis-ave/.
10. October 18, 2018, Thursday, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Joe’s Brewery, 706 S. Fifth St., C. http://joesbrewery.com/. This was the last Drop-In before the Election. It was also just before the Debate Watch Party at Betsy Dirksen-Londrigan’s Campaign Headquarters, just a few blocks away at 502 E John St.
11. November 16, 2018, Friday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, Common Ground Coop, Lincoln Square Mall. This was the first Drop-In after the Election.
12. Monday January 28th, 2019, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. Crane Alley in downtown Urbana.
13. Thursday, March 21, 2019, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Jupiters, 2511 Village Green Place, Champaign. http://jupitersatcrossing.com
14. Tuesday, April 16, 11:30 am – 1:30pm, Common Ground Coop, Lincoln Square Mall.
15. Thursday, May 23, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Joe’s Brewery, 706 S. Fifth St., C. http://joesbrewery.com/.
16. Thursday, June 20, 11:30 – 1:00 pm., Stangos, 300 S Broadway Avenue, Food Court Lincoln Square Mall, Urbana, Illinois http://stangocu.com/
17. Wednesday, August 7, 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm. Lincoln Square Mall in downtown Urbana. Central food court. The drop-in will be in the center court area of Lincoln Square Mall. There are 2 food venues inside the mall, and several restaurants within a couple blocks where you may pick up dinner. In the mall: http://stangocu.com/ or https://www.commonground.coop/. Around the mall: https://www.dancingdogeatery.com/ http://www.crane-alley.com/ http://ricksbakeryurbana.com/ http://www.blackdogsmoke.com/
18. Tuesday, October 1, 11:30 am to 1 pm. Lincoln Square Mall food court. Two new restaurants in the court as well as Stango’s and the Food Co-Op.
20. Friday, January 24, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. Lincoln Square Mall food court. Two new restaurants in the court as well as Stango’s and the Food Co-Op.
This drop-in is our first in 2020 and it’s our 20th drop-in anniversary. There was cake served at the event.