The UP Center is excited to announce that our 9th annual CU Pride and Parade will happen this week from September 14-16. Downstate Illinois’ LARGEST Pride Parade 🏳️🌈 is at 5PM!
There are a number of events associated with this week. Be sure to check out a full list of events at www.unitingpride.org/prideschedule but below is a sample.
September 11th 3:30-6:30pm– Catch the UP Center at the Champaign Farmer’s Market!
September 12th 7pm (doors at 6:30)- Showing of “Call me by your Name” put on by McKinley Foundation
September 13th 7:30pm-Showing of “The Miseducation of Cameron Post” at the Art Theater. Panel Discussion lead by the UP Center’s Gal UP group and the Women of Pride registered student organization from the University of Illinois. Showings are throughout the weekend!
September 14th 9pm– Queer Dance Party at 51 Main
- 11am-9pm–Drink Specials at Ice House
- 2-3pm–Drag Queen Story Hour at the Orpheum Children’s Museum
- 2-5pm-Educational Panels at Big Grove Tavern
- 2pm panels include: “Biblical Self Defense Workshop” By CUCC’s Reverend Leah Roberts-Mosser “Getting to Zero” by CU Public Heal and “Advocacy and Policy: How to Create Change” by Equality Illinois’s Mike Ziri
- 3:30 panels include: “Hormone Replacement Therapy” by Planned Parenthood’s Len Meyer and “Bisexual and Pansexual Meet and Greet”
- 2-7pm– Vendor Fair at the Orpheum Children’s Museum Parking Lot. Vendor set up is at 1pm
- 2-7pm- Queer and Trans Clothing Swap at the Orpheum Children’s Museum
- 5pm- Parade -line up is at 4:00
- 7-10pm- Teen After Party at the Orpheum Children’s Museum
- 8-2am- Drag Show with Alaska 5000 at 51 Main
- 12pm– Drag Brunch with Dish Passionate Cuisine at City View
- 5pm-Volunteer Appreciation party at 51 Main-side bar
- 5pm-Pride After party at 51 Main
Hosted by The UP Center of Champaign County