Wondering who to vote for in the Municipal Election on April 2? You might be interested in the Candidate Forums sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Champaign County, the Champaign County NAACP and the News Gazette. Below is some information from the League about how the Forums will work and the current schedule of candidates.
“We will take questions from the audience during the event, but we would like to have initial questions from members ready ahead of time. If you have questions that you would like to submit, please email the question, and the forum you are submitting it for to Minnie Pearson, email@example.com, at least 24 hours before the forum. Remember all questions should be addressable by ALL the candidates for a particular position.”
February 27, 2019 – Champaign City Council Chambers
6:45 – 7:15 Urbana School Board
- Anne Hall and Karen Brown-Tess, Sub-district 4
- Paul Poulosky and Felipe Menanteau, Sub-district 6
7:20 – 8:40 Champaign School Board (nine candidates for four positions)
- Jennifer Enoch; Michael Foellmer; Lee McDonald; Elizabeth A. Sotiropoulos; Chris Kloeppel; Amy Armstrong; Kathy Shannon; Sergio Gonzalez; Alicia R. Robinson
8:40 – 9:10 Parkland Community College Board (three candidates for two positions):
- Bianca Green; Douglas Jones; Jonathan Westfield
February 28, 2019 – Champaign City Council Chambers
6:00 – 7:30 Champaign City Council (nine candidates for three at-large positions)
- Thomas A. Bruno; William Kyles; Matthew Gladney; Jon Paul Youakim; Michael J.
LaDue; Andrew James Christensen; Kenton A. Elmore; Pattsi Petri
7:30 – 8:00 Champaign Mayor
- Deborah Frank Feinen and Azak David Cobbs
8:00 – 8:30 Champaign Park District
- Tim McMahon, DeShawn Williams
8:30 – 9:00 Urbana Park District (three candidates for two positions)
- Michael W. Walker; Cedric Stratton; Roger Digges
See you there!