On Monday June 4, the Poor People’s Campaign, will sponsor a rally and direct action the Capitol in Springfield, IL, on the theme of “The Right to Health and a Healthy Planet.” (See our earlier post for details.) Below is information from the Campaign and the Eco-Justice Collaborative on the second part of this week’s theme.
On Monday, we’ll take action at our state capitals and in D.C. again, lifting up the theme The Right to Health and a Healthy Planet. And on Tuesday, June 5th, we’ll host our fourth Truthful Tuesday educational event. This teach-in will focus on our nation’s immoral health care system, and the poisoning of our water, our air, and our communities. Here are this week’s educators:
- Rev. Dr. William Barber, II
- Nijmie Dzurinko, Put People First! PA
- Dr. Charles Van Der Horst, UNC Chapel Hill
- Destiny Watford, Free Your Voice
- Natalia Cardona, 350.org
- Moderated by Idalin Bobe, Popular Education Project